We have listed the events normally held so you can decide what may be of interest for the future. Due to the impact of COVID-19 (Corona Virus), certain events quoted here may well have been suspended until further notice. Please check the current status with the relevant organisation on any events and indeed on services as well. If they have been suspended at present, please ask to be advised once the event/service is to be restarted.
0800 377 7070 / www.housingcare.org
Information for older people charity run website. They advertise retirement and care homes as well home services, live in Carers, and services to adapt homes, such as lifts. They link to First Stop which publish several useful fact sheets about accommodation, including staying in your own home, and getting support to do so. Some of the useful leaflets include “Coming Home from Hospital”, “Accommodation Options for Older People with Dementia” “Care and Support at Home”.
0300 777 2722 / www.carersbucks.org.
An independent charity commissioned by Bucks Council to support carers. All their services are free. There is a wealth of information on their website. They have a special service for carers over 75 years old. Who may need more intensive support. The Carers Bucks hospital team support carers in all four Buckinghamshire hospitals – stoke Mandeville, Wexham Park, High Wycombe and Amersham. For more information, please phone the Carers Bucks office.
0800 678 1602 Aylesbury Office 01296 431 911
Monday – Friday 9.30 – 13.30
They offer advice over the phone as well as publishing a number of very useful Information guides and Factsheets about a large range of topics including Health, Legal matters, Financial matters including benefits. They also link in with Age Concern.
Support and information on their website
They also have a Safeguarding Adults Team 0800 137915 to help in a crisis out of hours emergency duty team 0800 999 7677
The Care Quality Commission
03000 616161 / www.cqc.org.uk
Independent regulator of health and adult social care in England.
Makes sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and we encourage care services to improve.
Services regulated by the CQC:
- All regulated care providers both home care and care homes.
- Doctors / GPs
- Community Services
- Mental health services
Helps you to make a decision when finding the right service for you / your loved one. Produces excellent booklets, downloadable from their website:
“What can I expect from a good care service?”
Covering care homes, home care, hospitals etc.
Ibstone Road, Stokenchurch. HP14 3GG
01494 480200 / www.porthaven.co.uk
Client Services. They offer care for all stages of dementia except very specialised care. Respite care also offered.
- Domiciliary Care – Hourly, drop-in care. You arrange when and how long you need them for.
- Live-in care managed – These providers offer a fully managed service, employing the carers whilst they are with you.
- Live-in care unmanaged – These providers are an introduction agency – you employ the carers.
- Live-in care regulated – Regulated and inspected by the CQC.
- Live-in care unregulated – Not regulated or inspected by the CQC.
Oxford Aunts Care Ltd
01865 791017 / www.oxfordaunts.co.uk
Specialist dementia care, care for most conditions, rehabilitation, and companionship through to palliative/end of life care. Ongoing and respite.
Managed & regulated
38 Glade Rd, Marlow SL7 1DH
Offer a day centre with a cost of £7 to include refreshments and lunch. Transport also available. They also signpost to queries for help to Age UK for garners, general help, care homes etc.
They also offer transport to Doctor and Hospital appointments, presently charged at 65p per mile.
- All details above have been collated and recorded as accurately as possible and will be updated regularly, with the most recent copy available on our website at mmdf.co.uk
- MMDF cannot endorse any service or organisation but can only signpost information. Individuals should make their own private enquiries to validate and ascertain suitability to their own requirements. It is best to check availability, suitability, advice and any particular restrictions that may apply to anyone’s particular circumstances.
- There is also the impact that COVID-19 (Corona Virus) may well have had on events and services quoted above – please always check the status with the relevant organisation.
To find out more, offer your support or just communicate with the MMDF Committee, please kindly pass over your details below and we shall make contact with you.